Top Menu

About Us

Chaseburg Farmer’s Union Co-op Service was incorporated in December, 1947. Persons in the Chaseburg community purchased $20,000 worth of shares to provide capital to start the Co-op. The first audit report showed assests of $39,000. Today they have increased to $8,000,000 of which $1,500,000 are investments in supply and service cooperatives – the principle ones being CENEX and Land O Lakes.

The main products were feed, seed, fertilizer, lube oil, and tires. A manager and two full time employees sold $97,800 worth of merchandise during the first year of operation. By 1970, the sales volume reached one-half million dollars and one million dollars in 1974.

The members of the first Board of Directors were:

  • President – Frank Mlsna – Chaseburg
  • Vice President – Rudolph Strasser Sr. – Stoddard
  • Secretary – Elmer Zeitlow – Chaseburg
  • Director – Lester Kuester – Chaseburg
  • Director – Walter Manske – Viroqua
  • Director – Joel Lindahl – Stoddard

Additional products and services have been added during its history.

  • 1957 – Erected a bulk petroleum plant and provided bulk service to patrons.
  • 1960 – Purchased old tobacco warehouse and remodeled building installing bulk feed storage and equipment.
  • 1962 – Bulk fertilizer was available to farmers
  • 1966 – LP gas delivery and service were made available from CENEX’s plant at Reedsburg.
  • 1967 – Purchased service station.
  • 1968 – Added the Home Comfort Department for furnace installation and service.
  • 1978 – Fertilizer plant was built in Stoddard, WI.
  • 1984 – New warehouse for storage and supplies.
  • 1991 – LP Bulk plant with 30,000 gallon storage tank.
  • 1992 – Chemical storage building and loading pad.
  • 1993 – Leased outlet store in Redmound.
  • 1994 – Bulk storage for 28 percent liquid fertilizer.
  • 1995 – Grain bin storage built adding more storage in 1997 and 1999.
  • 1996 – Major upgrade to service station building and branded CENEX Convenience Store.
  • 1997 – Purchased land from BNSF in Stoddard for Agronomy.
  • 1999 – Redmound store was purchased.
  • 2000 – New bulk fuel plant was built.
  • 2002 – Schlicht property and building purchased in Chaseburg.
  • 2007 – New Agronomy warehouse built in Stoddard.
  • 2010 – Purchased Hoff Construction shop.
  • 2012 – Added 30,000 gallon storage capacity for LP. Total capacity: 60,000 gallons.
  • 2015 – Added 30,000 gallon storage capacity for LP. Total capacity: 90,000 gallons.
  • 2015 – Purchased Chaseburg Manufacturing building in Chaseburg.